- D&C 20:70 reads, “Every member of the church of Christ
having children is to bring them unto the elders before the church, who
are to lay their hands upon them in the name of Jesus Christ, and bless
them in his name.” Today, receiving a name and a blessing from elders of the church was Saydee Kamakanamaikalani Steffen, the daughter of Joshua and Nola Steffen.
- Elder Steven R. Covey once remarked that "it’s instructive that the monthly testimony meeting is preceded by fasting and renewing our covenants. Also, bearing testimony in such a meeting is more than expressing appreciation, as beautiful and appropriate as being grateful may be. It involves expressing a conviction, declaring one’s position, expressing the soul’s deepest convictions born of the Spirit that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that Joseph Smith and his successors were called to be prophets, and that the Church is led by Jesus Christ." Such declarations and expressions of conviction were made today.
- Gospel doctrine lesson 34 highlights:
- The people are righteous and are blessed with peace and prosperity.
- The Nephites become proud and wicked. Nephi calls them to repentance.
- The Lord gives Nephi the sealing power. The unrepentant Nephites face warfare and famine.
- The Nephites humble themselves and repent.
- 1st Sunday Business Meeting Minutes
- Service: Adopt-a-Highway. 9/8 Saturday. Meet @ 8a.m. at Kaneohe Burger King.
- Baptisms for the Dead: 9/15 Sat. Laie Hawaii Temple. Meet there at 6 a.m.
- Emergency Prep Workshop. 72-hour kits. 9/18 Tues. 8 p.m. @ Waikalua.
- Missionary Challenge vs Relief Society. Oct 1 to Dec 29.
- September 2012 1st Presidency Message.
- Proposed: Activity involving food (i.e. cooking and/or eating); Sports Activity (e.g. flag football) vs or with 2nd Ward EQ; "Teach Your Talent" activities (e.g. pig hunting, gardening, fishing, Hawaiian sites, etc.)