- Isabella Lesa spoke about being a good example and sharing the gospel.
- Sister Naomi Sellers spoke about the answer to this question: Why go to church?
- Sister Ame Uyema (from the Kahala Ward) spoke about the faith of a man in Kobe, Japan, where she served a mission.
- Lesson 41: The purpose of today's lesson was to help us earnestly desire to search the words of the prophets. Key points:
- The Savior quotes some of Isaiah’s prophecies about the house of Israel.
- The Savior commands the people to add to their records.
- The Savior expounds all things from the beginning.
- The quorum will host a Family Home Evening on Monday 11/5 from 5pm to 8pm at the Parkway Rec Center on Mokulele Drive. Dinner (pot luck) at 6 p.m. FHE devotional at 7 p.m. All members of the ward are invited to come. Bring family, neighbors, and friends.
- Adopt-a-Highway Service on 11/10 Saturday. Meet at 8am at Kaneohe Burger King.
- The quorum will be organizing Ward Activity Day/Turkey Trot on 11/17 Saturday, 3pm to 6pm at Souza Dairy Park.
- Today's lesson was about The Why of Priesthood Service. Key points of the lesson:
- We need to be constantly reminded of the eternal reasons behind the things we are commanded to do.
- Basic gospel principles need to be part of our life’s fabric, even if it means learning them over and over again.
- The what of priesthood service teaches us what to do. The why inspires our souls.
- There are times when we have to step into the darkness in faith, confident that God will place solid ground beneath our feet once we do.
- Our activities, initiatives, and plans should be inspired by and grounded upon the why of our priesthood service and not by any flashy trend or interest of the moment.
- If our hearts are pure—if we seek not our own glory but the glory of Almighty God, if we seek to do His will, if we desire to bless the lives of our family and fellowman—we will not be left to walk alone.