Testimony meetings of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, President Spencer W. Kimball once said, "are some of the best meetings in the [Church] in the whole month, if you have the spirit." 1
President Kimball also went on to say that "if you are bored at a testimony meeting, there is something the matter with you, and not the other people. You can get up and bear your testimony and you think it is the best meeting in the month; but if you sit there and count the grammatical errors and laugh at the man who can’t speak very well, you’ll be bored. … Don’t forget it! You have to fight for a testimony. You have to keep fighting!" 1
Brethren, let's keep fighting for our testimonies!
- Paying a full and honest tithe
- Managing money wisely
- Learning self-discipline and restraint in money matters
- Using a budget
- Teaching family members early about the importance of working and earning
Elders Quorum announcements:
- The priesthood from our ward and the Waimanalo Ward are responsible for setting up chairs at the Stake Center for the upcoming Stake Conference. We will be doing this on either Friday afternoon/evening 11/4 or Saturday morning/afternoon 11/5. The exact day and time for this service is TBA.
- Service project: Adopt-a-Highway clean-up of assigned sections of Kahekili and Likelike Highways on Nov. 12 Saturday. Meeting time will be 7:30am at Kaneohe Burger King.
- Report about your assigned home teaching families to your home teaching district leaders or via this link by month's end 10/31 Monday.