- Youth Speakers: Nakea Hanohano & Erin Cullen: Nakea bore his testimony and Erin spoke about faith which "comes by righteousness" and "is the first principle of the Gospel."
- Adult speakers: Ruth & Moses Bergao, Herman Kanahele. The Bergaos are former members of the ward who have moved to Utah and are back on Oahu for a visit. Brother Kanahele is a former bishop of the ward and is now high priest group leader. All spoke about talks that stood out to them from the recent General Conference. Sister Bergao referred to President Uchtdorf's talk "Forget Me Not," Brother Bergao spoke about the importance of "Standing in Holy Places" and Brother Kanahele made reference to talks by Boyd K. Packer ("Counsel to Youth"), Henry B. Eyring ("A Witness") , and Robert D. Hales ("Waiting Upon the Lord: Thy Will Be Done"). Very good talks today.
Elders Quorum Announcements:
- Activities: Brother Kanahele reported about the Filipino Food Fest on 10/8. All went well and a good time and good food was had by all. Upcoming activities are the Makapu'u Family Hike on 10/29 Saturday. Meeting time will be 4:45 along Kalanianaole Highway near the Makapu'u Lookout.
- Service project: Adopt-a-Highway trash pick-up outing on 11/12 Saturday. Meeting time and place to be announced.
Elders Quorum Lesson:
- The lesson was presented by Ka'ano'i Walk, who pointed out the "Precious Promises of the Book of Mormon" which is this month's First Presidency Message by President Thomas S. Monson. Those promises include "truth, peace, freedom, and blessings if we 'will but serve the God of the land, who is Jesus Christ'" (Ether 2:12). Note: this is the home teaching message for the month. Brethren, carry this message to your home teaching families.
Elders Quorum Committee Meetings:
- Activities/Service Committee: [Members] - [Goals/Responsibilities] - [Minutes]
- Temple/Family History Committee: [Members] - [Goals/Responsibilities] - [Minutes]
- Perfect the Saints Committee: [Members] - [Goals/Responsibilities] - [Minutes]
- Proclaim the Gospel Committee: [Members] - [Goals/Responsibilities] - [Minutes]