Sacrament meetingToday the ward Primary Program conducted Sacrament Meeting. Primary is the children’s organization in the Church, and children attend from the ages of 3-11, moving into the youth meetings after that. The kids have been preparing all year long for the opportunity to stand up in front of the entire congregation in Sacrament meeting and present statements, stories, and testimonies on a theme. This year the theme was “Choose the Right” and and the children quoted scriptures, explained how and why to make good choices. They stood up together and individually presented at the microphone (even the 3 year olds, which is of course, adorable and hilarious) and sang songs on the theme in between. Wonderful.
- Lesson 40: The purpose of today's lesson was to help us understand the latter-day work of gathering Israel and establishing Zion via 3 Nephi 16, 20, and 21. Key points:
- The Savior prophesies of the scattering of the house of Israel.
- The Savior prophesies of the temporal gathering of the house of Israel.
- The Savior prophesies of the spiritual gathering of the house of Israel.
- The quorum will host a Family Home Evening on Monday
10/2211/5 from 5pm to 8pm at the Parkway Rec Center on Mokulele Drive. Dinner (pot luck) at 6 p.m. FHE devotional at 7 p.m. All members of the ward are invited to come. Bring family, neighbors, and friends.
- The quorum will conduct a children's game for the Halloween Carnival on 10/27 Saturday, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Waikalua Cultural Hall.
- The quorum will be organizing Ward Activity Day/Turkey Trot on 11/17 Saturday, 3pm to 6pm at Souza Dairy Park.
- Adopt-a-Highway Service on 11/10 Saturday. Meet at 8am at Kaneohe Burger King.
- Today's lesson was about The Power of Kindness. Key points in the lesson were  The Spirit of the Lord is a spirit of kindness, not harshness and criticism.  We should look for the virtues in others and offer sincere praise.  Kindness has the power to lead people from their mistakes.  Love and kindness in our homes can lead our children to listen to our counsel. We were encouraged to do random acts of kindness.