- Brother Rocky Baso spoke about the greatest miracle of all: a person's change of heart. He told the story of a man he knew who experienced the miracle of a changed heart and came unto Christ.
- Sister Kuulii Hanohano quoted the Savior in John 3:5: Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. She shared her experience doing baptisms for the dead with the youth of the ward at the Laie Hawaii Temple yesterday.
- Elder DeeJay Pasikala (above), recently returned from a two-year mission to the Cebu Philippines Mission, spoke about his experiences there. He also made reference to a talk by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, who counseled: "God doesn’t care nearly as much about where you have been as He does about where you are and, with His help, where you are willing to go."
- Brother Jonathan Aki, a member of the Stake High Council, was the concluding speaker, made reference to Lehi's dream (1 Nephi, 8) and reminded us that, like the people in the dream, we, too, are on the strait and narrow path, and must "continually holding fast to the rod of iron, until [we come] forth and [fall] down and [partake] of the fruit of the tree."
- Lesson 36: Today’s lesson discussed the opposition faced by the believers among the Nephites. Some people endured in spite of all opposition, while others received great blessings yet quickly “turned from their righteousness” (3 Nephi 7:8). From the chapters we studied, we were reminded of the importance of remaining faithful in spite of trials and temptation.
- Team-ups with missionaries for home visits to ward members. 9/19 Wed. 7pm. Call Joshua Steffen (ward mission leader) or the EQ presidency if you want to participate.
- Fireside. 7pm on 9/23 Sunday at Waikalua chapel. Ross W. Workman and Sister Workman, the Laie Hawaii Temple President and Temple matron, will be the featured speakers.
- Service. 9/29 Sat. 7am to 9am at a member's farm in Kahaluu.
- Fast Sunday on 9/30
- General Conference on Oct 6 and 7. General Priesthood Meeting will be broadcast at the Keolu Hills chapel at 6 pm on 10/6 Saturday.
- Ward Temple Night. 7 p.m. at the Laie Hawaii Temple. President Workman will speak to us and we will attend the 8 p.m. endowment session.
- Chapter 19: Temporal and Spiritual Blessings from the Word of Wisdom.
- The Word of Wisdom is loving counsel from our Father, who knows all things.
- The Lord promises mental and physical health to those who obey the Word of Wisdom
- Obeying the Word of Wisdom strengthens our faith and spirituality.
- By obeying the Word of Wisdom, we prepare for eternal life.
- The best way to teach our families to obey the Word of Wisdom is to obey it ourselves.