Saturday, April 13, 2013

Elders Quorum tree trimmers unite

President Gordon B. Hinckley said, “It will be a marvelous day, my brethren … when our priesthood quorums become an anchor of strength to every man belonging thereto, when each such man may appropriately be able to say, ‘I am a member of a priesthood quorum of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I stand ready to assist my brethren in all of their needs, as I am confident they stand ready to assist me in mine. Working together, we shall grow spiritually as covenant sons of God. Working together, we can stand, without embarrassment and without fear, against every wind of adversity that might blow, be it economic, social, or spiritual.’"  
“Welfare Responsibilities of the Priesthood Quorums,” Ensign, Nov. 1977, 86.

Today, quorum members assisted another quorum member who needed help trimming trees in his yard.   Job well done, Elders.







No comments:

Post a Comment