President Dieter F Uchtdorf conducted
The choir sang In Hymns of Praise
Elder Randall K Bennett offered the invocation
President Thomas S Monson
- Traveled to Germany and Idaho in the past six months to dedicate temples.
- Didn’t attend cultural celebration in Calgary because it was Sister Monson’s birthday
- President Uchtdorf dedicated Honduras temple
- Announced new temples in Cedar City Utah and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- In October changes to missionary age announced
- As of April 4, there are 65,634 full-time missionaries with 58 new missions
- We were invited to donate to the general missionary fund of the church
President Boyd K Packer
- He shared a short poem he wrote in 1992 at age 68 (he updated it at 78 and again at 88).
- He is getting older. Although he loses physical ability, there are “great spiritual gains” that come with age.
- We need to protect our homes. The priesthood has been given to protect the home
- There are few things more powerful than the prayers of a righteous mother.
- Talked about experiencing the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake in San Francisco. Many buildings collapsed because they were not built on a sure foundation.
- Just as buildings need to use the right material, we need to be built properly spiritually on a sure foundation to be safe (Helaman 5:12)
- spoke about the first line in the YW theme… we are daughters of our Heavenly Father who loves us and we love him
- we need to understand "we are daughters of an exalted being"
- women have a significant role to play in building the kingdom of God.
- Was comforted by remembering What e'er thou art, act well thy part.
Elder Craig A Cardon
- The Savior forgives sin on earth, not just in the eternities
- In this forgiveness the enabling power of the Atonement helps us
- False faith does not justify sin
- The Savior knows our weakness; however, “Notwithstanding your sins, my bowels are filled with compassion towards you”
- “And worlds without number have I created” (Moses 1:33)
- The Milky Way is just one of 200 billion galaxies which for most of us is difficult to grasp.
- The priesthood is power by which these were created and the source of this power is God Almighty and His Son Jesus Christ
- While men administer the priesthood, they are NOT the priesthood. Just as a woman cannot have a child without a man, a man can’t properly use his priesthood without a woman
- Shared an analogy of growing a tomato plant, its potential, and what happens when it is neglected (it wilts).
- Those who hold the priesthood but don’t honour it will wilt spiritually
- Spoke of the recent Worldwide Leadership Training videos about the role of priesthood and strengthening the family
President Henry B Eyring
- This is the Church of Jesus Christ and we take His name upon us as we enter it.
- The Savior tells us, “I will encircle thee in the arms of my love.” (D&C 6:20)
- Recounted much of the life of Christ
- Great blessings come from faithful service
- Christ has shown us how to hear our Heavenly Father
Sister Jean A Stevens offered the benediction