- Presiding: Bishop Bert Oshiro
- Conducting: Robert Carlile, Bishopric 1st Counselor
- Opening hymn: #252 "Put Your Shoulder to the Wheel" (chorister Van Wai Sr, organist Lormona Meredith)
- Invocation: Brother Glen Tani
- Ward business: Released--Ken Otsuka (Assistant Cub Scout denmaster), Sustained--Van Wai, Jr. (Ward Missionary).
- Sacrament hymn: #179 "Again, Our Dear Redeeming Lord"
- Sacrament administration by Priesthood
- Youth Speakers:
- Adult Speakers
- Brother Alan Yugawa, baptized a member of the church in January, spoke about how he "bought the cow" after 23 years of investigating the church. He quoted President Lorenzo Snow, who said, "Every man has got to learn to stand upon his own knowledge; he cannot depend upon his neighbor; every man must be independent; he must depend upon his God for himself entirely. It depends upon himself to see if he will stem the tide of trouble and overcome the impediments that are strewn in the pathway of life to prevent his progress. A man can get information by the operations of the Holy Spirit, and he approaches to God and increases in his faith in proportion as he is diligent."
- Brother Kevin Vidinhar (Stake High Council), spoke about the law of tithing and told us, "We show are faithfulness to Heavenly Father through our tithing." He related a story of a car trip to Sacramento, where he and his family received the blessings of heaven--because they were faithful tithe payers, despite only having a few dollars for gas. He quoted Malachi 3:10.
- Closing Hymn: #281 "Help Me Teach with Inspiration"
- Benediction: Brother Sean Jung
- Gospel doctrine: Lesson 11 -- "“The Field Is White Already to Harvest”
- Gospel Principles: see manual
- Announcements/quorum business:
- Redeem the Dead:
- Committee initiative forthcoming.
- Perfect the Saints:
- Family Fireside. Proposed for Friday April 5 at Church (pending building availability)
- Teacher Improvement Workshop, 3/23 Saturday, 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. All teachers are invited to attend.
- Wednesday evening team-ups with the missionaries. Brothers Piena, Chong Tim, and Turner will be going out this week.
- Proclaim the Gospel:
- "Will you?" challenges from the Hawaii Mission President: Will you pray for the success of missionary work in our stake? Will you identify and invite someone to be taught by the missionaries?
- Home teaching. District Leaders (Turner, Sellers, Tamashiro) will be contacting home teachers for reports on home teaching assignments for March. Goal is 100%
- Chapel Clean-up duty for the quorum was on 3/16 Saturday. Mahalo to all who participated.
- The lesson in the quorum today was presented by Brother Rory Lono and was based on Chapter 6 of the TPOFC--Lorenzo Snow: Becoming Perfect before the Lord: “A Little Better Day by Day”. President Snow said,
- With diligence, patience, and divine aid, we can obey the Lord’s command to be perfect.
- When we comply with a requirement from the Lord, we are perfect in that sphere.
- Rather than become discouraged when we fail, we can repent and ask God for strength to do better.
- With divine help, we can live above the follies and vanities of the world.
- We cannot become perfect at once, but we can be a little better day by day.