- Presiding: President Carl Kawakami
- Conducting: Bishop Bert Oshiro
- Ward business: Released from callings with a vote of thanks: Stacy Christian and Pohai Hayashida. New callings (sustained): Stacy Christian (YW, 1st counselor), Naomi Sellers YW, 2nd counselor), Pohai Hayashida (YW, secretary), Lormona Meredith (YW, personal progress advisor).
- By Ward Mission Leader Kanoa Kanahele: Ward Flood. All members are invited to participate. Meet at the chapel at 8:30 a.m. on 2/2 Saturday.
- Musical Fireside: 2/10 Sunday. 7 p.m. at Waikalua Chapel.
- Youth speakers:
- Rocky Baso spoke about his experience at the Laie Hawaii temple on 1/25 participating in saving ordinances. Also on that night was the LDS prom. "I know I made the right choice (in attending the temple)," he said.
- Lele Stanley told us that integrity is the foundation for faith and that her testimony is her foundation. Referring to foundation, she read Helaman 5:12.
- Adult speakers:
- Jodi Presbitero spoke about testimony which is "knowledge and a spiritual witness given by the Holy Ghost" A testimony is gained, she said, by personal desire and prayerful seeking. She also mentioned that a testimony should be borne, and doing so is our duty.
- Sean Jung, who just returned from two years of service to the Mexico City East Mission, shared about his mission experiences, including the growth of his testimony "100 fold." Among the many things he mentioned were forming bonds with church members there to move the work forward, working in several different areas in the mission, serving as district leader, taking a shower with water from a bucket and a plastic yogurt cup, and being robbed at gunpoint on the way to church one Sunday.
- Gospel doctrine: Lesson 4 --Remember the New Covenant, Even the Book of Mormon.
- Gospel Principles: see manual
- Mahalo to quorum members who served at the Baptism for the Dead, Friday 1/25, at Laie Hawaii Temple. Several hundred saving ordinances were completed.
- Ward flood to visit ward members. Saturday 2/2, 8:30 a.m. Meet at church.
- Laulau/palasami making activity and potluck. Friday 2/8, 6 p.m. at Bill Sellers' house.
- Trip to Laie Hawaii Visitors Center. Saturday 2/9. 9 a.m to 11:00 a.m. Potluck to follow.
- Missionary Fireside. Sunday 2/10, 7 p.m. Waikalua Chapel.
- The lesson in the quorum today was based on talks by Elder Robert D. Hales [link to talk] and Elder Daniel L. Johnson [link to talk] from the October 2012 General Conference