- Testimony meeting: Bearing testimonies were Bishop Bert Oshiro, Garth Gertch, Filipo Filiaga, Vivian Filiaga, Elmo Tacuban, Tai Lesa, Iliesa Delai, Vaughn Lei.
- Gospel doctrine: Lesson 1 -- Intro to Doctrine and Covenants and Church History
- Family history: Gathering information from public records.
- Gospel Principles: see manual
- Brother Makana Tani was sustained and set apart as elders quorum secretary.
- Quorum service project: Adopt-a-highway trash pickup on 1/12 Saturday. Meet at 8 a.m. at Kaneohe Burger King parking lot.
- Chapel clean-up: Saturday 1/19. 7 a.m.
- The lesson in the quorum today was about home teaching responsibilities which include
- visit members in their homes at least monthly.
- watching over and strengthening the families they are assigned.
- becoming acquainted with family members’ interests and needs and recognizing special events in their lives.
- consulting with the head of the household about the family’s needs and about ways to be most helpful.
- helping parents ensure that their children are blessed, baptized, and confirmed.
- helping parents ensure that their sons have the Aaronic Priesthood and Melchizedek Priesthood conferred upon them and are ordained to priesthood offices at the appropriate ages.
- offering help when members are unemployed, ill, lonely, moving, or have other needs
- helping members strengthen their faith in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and encouraging them to make and keep sacred covenants, especially new members and less-active members.