- Endowments: Two members of the quorum will be receiving their endowments this week at the Laie Temple: Gene Tamashiro on 9/14 Wed 7pm session and John Teves (with his wife Melinda) on 9/15 Thurs 2pm session. All who can are encouraged to attend.
- Activities: Flag football activity, organized by Ka'anoi Walk, on 9/5 Monday was well attended and a success. Upcoming activities will be the Filipino Food Fest @ Thelma's Restaurant in Waipahu on 10/8 Saturday (time TBA) and Makapu'u Lighthouse Family Hike in late October/early November (exact date and time TBA).
- Service projects: We still are in the planning stages but potential projects include Adopt-a-Highway (trash pick-up) , Kawa'ewa'e Heiau (brush clean-up), Ho'omaluhia Gardens (adopt-a-park). and help-our-neighbors yard cleanup.
- Home visits via Splits with Missionaries (Wednesday evenings, ongoing). Next split date will be 9/21 Wed. Assignments TBA.
- Home Teaching: New assignments announced. See updated Home Teaching Assignment List.
- Kanoa Kanahele taught the lesson today, sharing with us his very interesting family history (his ancestors include Sir Isaac Newton and a 4th great grandfather from Molokai who was shown great respect by Kamehameha 1, the unifier of the Hawaiian islands). He also read to us the story of the first ancestor from his family to join the Church. We all were encouraged to do family history work, which includes recording our own personal history via journal writing.